Thursday, May 5, 2011

Roast Chicken and Gluten Free Stuffing

I really love Juice.

Between that, and liquid vitamins ( which, by the way, are AMAZING), I really would love to eat nothing else.

But, because that isn't a possibility, I am currently baking an organic chicken with gluten free stuffing!

As a note: I am not a vegan, not that I don't love and appreciate the lifestyle, I just have such major health issues, I can not run the risk of playing with anything protein/mineral/vitamin related.

Stuffing:

Udis ( torn up) .. gluten free bread, but not organic.. we can't win them all. but we sure as hell can try.
1 whisked egg
Diced Organic Onion
1/2 cup organic chicken broth
organic poultry seasoning ( to taste)
1 ounce cubed organic "european style" butter

mix it all together, and what do we get!?  Stuffing!

Chicken:

Preheat oven to 350 f

Organic whole chicken
warmed organic "european style butter"
celtic sea salt, unrefined.

Take chicken, clean the bad boy ( or girl) out, mush butter in hands ( this is as gross feeling as it sounds), and then rub all over the chicken.  Stuff the chicken with the stuffing mixture and then sprinkle the chicken with sea salt.

Place in pan, cover in foil and bake in oven for one hour, covered, then baste, then take off the "tin foil hat"and place back in oven, baste every 20 minutes or so.

Rhian's rule of thumb:  20 minutes per pound of chicken PLUS 20 minutes.

Happy Roasting!

( I really need to take more pictures!!)

3 comments:

  1. i don't have celiacs (or, haven't been diagnosed) but i have been told to stay away from gluten and i KNOW that i should. however, knowing what i should do is different from having the willpower to stick with it.... and as of yet i have not been successful in implementing a gluten free diet. i have a feeling it would help me lose the headaches, lose the weight and gain some energy but i just haven't given it enough of a shot. how have you been feeling since you started? i'm super curious about the experiences of others, staying informed and hearing good things might help motivate me. solidarity! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been feeling a lot better, although I had contaminated food the other day and it just about killed me! I can help you stick to your diet! Let's do it together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just now read this - haven't been doing as well as i'd like but i have been doing better than i was, so i call it a win up until this point and will keep trying every day! good to have the support =) thanks rhian

    ReplyDelete